Cooksey Communications recently received four Platinum and two Gold honors in the 2017 MarCom Awards, an international creative competition.
The six, prestigious awards highlight Cooksey’s diverse and successful experience in strategic communications, creative design, media relations, special events and more:
- Platinum Winner – Strategic Plan Design – DFW International Airport Strategic Plan 2016-2020. Cooksey designed and completed a strategic plan for DFW International Airport with a focus on customer experience, business performance, employee engagement, operational excellence, community engagement, safety and security, and the future.
- Platinum Winner – Television Placement – Exclusive Tour: Modern Meets Creative at Frisco Station. Cooksey secured a two-minute segment on NBC 5 (KXAS-TV) about progress on the Frisco Station development, a mixed-use, master community that could bring 14,000 jobs to Collin County.
- Platinum Winner – Magazine Placement – City of Enid’s Approach to Protect Future Water Supply. In partnership with Freese and Nichols, Inc., Cooksey drafted and placed an article in Southwest Water Works Journal about the Kaw Lake project, which will provide the City of Enid with a reliable water supply for the next 50 years and beyond.
- Platinum Winner – Special Event – Dallas High School Media Hard Hat Tour. In partnership with the Dallas office of the global architecture and design firm, Perkins+Will, Cooksey planned an exclusive media tour of the landmark downtown Dallas High School, which will house the firm’s more than 180 professionals in late 2017.
- Gold Winner – Logo – Drive Like Your Family Lives Here. Cooksey designed the logo for the City of Mesquite’s “Drive Like Your Family Lives Here” public education program, which was developed to help improve traffic safety.
- Gold Winner – Print Advertising – Magazine Beach Ad for EltaMD. Cooksey created a two-page ad to showcase EltaMD’s sun protection products in Princess Cruises
MarCom Awards honor excellence in marketing and communication while recognizing the creativity, hard work and generosity of industry professionals. Since its inception in 2004, MarCom has evolved into one of the largest, most-respected creative competitions in the world. Each year, about 6,000 print and digital entries are submitted from dozens of countries.
MarCom is administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP). The international organization, founded in 1995, consists of several thousand marketing, communication, advertising, public relations, digital and web professionals. AMCP administers recognition programs, provides judges, and rewards outstanding achievement and service to the community. In the past few years alone, AMCP has contributed more than $250,000 to charitable causes.