Cooksey Communications recently received four Platinum and two Gold honors in the 2018 Hermes Creative Awards, an international creative competition.
The six awards highlight Cooksey’s diverse and successful experience in strategic communications, media relations, creative design, marketing and more:
- Platinum Winner – Publications – 2017 AllianceTexas Magazine. Cooksey was recognized for its planning, writing and design of the 28-page, four-color magazine produced for AllianceTexas, a development of Hillwood.
- Platinum Winner – Media Relations – The Real Estate Council (TREC). In conjunction with media outreach efforts for the inaugural Dallas Catalyst Project recipient, the agency secured a feature placement in The Dallas Morning News titled “Can $1 Million ‘Brighten Up’ Fading Block?” The article details TREC’s three-year initiative to invest more than $1 million in grants and pro-bono professional services work within the Forest Revitalization District in Southern Dallas.
- Platinum Winner – Media Relations – Toyota Music Factory. Cooksey was honored for media outreach and placements for Toyota Music Factory, a mixed-use entertainment and lifestyle complex in the Las Colinas Urban Center in Irving. Cooksey secured 282 print, broadcast and digital media clips in 12 months for the entertainment and dining destination.
- Platinum Winner – Advertising – Cooksey Communications. The agency was honored for its own ad titled “Sky-High Visibility” in the 2017 Bell Fort Worth Alliance Air Show program.
- Gold Winner – Integrated Marketing Campaign – Catholic Diocese of Dallas. Cooksey created the campaign materials for the 2018 Bishop’s Annual Appeal for Catholic Ministries. This included a logo, brochure, pledge card, eblast and other collateral.
- Gold Winner – Logo Design – City of Wylie Economic Development Corporation. Cooksey designed a logo for the city’s signature “Wide Awake Wylie” brand. Today, “Wide Awake Wylie” evokes a fondness for the hometown feel, while representing the vibrant community it has become.
The Hermes Creative Awards, administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, honor creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional and emerging media. Judges are industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.
There were about 6,000 entries from throughout the United States and many other countries in the 2018 Hermes Creative Awards competition. In the past, about 15 percent of entries won Platinum, the top award, and around 20 percent the Gold Award. Approximately 10 percent were Honorable Mention winners.