Cooksey Communications recently received four Platinum and two Gold honors in the 2019 Hermes Creative Awards, a prestigious international creative competition.
The six awards highlight Cooksey’s diverse and successful experience in strategic communications, media relations, creative design, event marketing and more:
- Platinum Winner – Public Relations Campaign – AllianceTexas. Cooksey was honored for the vast media coverage it secured in The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Fort Worth Business Press and elsewhere about AllianceTexas’ unparalleled regional success. AllianceTexas, a 26,000-acre master-planned community developed by Hillwood, has generated $76.43 billion in regional economic impact and $2.25 billion in total taxes paid to local public entities since 1989.
- Platinum Winner – Newspaper Advertising – The Real Estate Council (TREC). Cooksey was recognized for designing a two-page, full-color The Dallas Morning News ad for TREC, the largest and most influential commercial real estate organization in Texas. The powerful “Together, We’re Building the City We’ve Imagined” ad illustrated TREC’s mission to cultivate relationships in the commercial real estate industry in order to catalyze community investment, influence policy, propel careers and develop the leaders of tomorrow.
- Platinum Winner – Television Placement – Skanska. Cooksey secured primetime broadcast coverage in San Antonio that highlighted one of Skanska’s female project engineers on the Jackson Middle School expansion project. Skanska is a leading global development and construction firm, and the placement was secured in conjunction with Women in Construction Week.
- Platinum Winner – Nonprofit Video – Workforce Solutions for North Central Texas. Cooksey scripted, designed and produced an impactful four-minute video featuring highlights from the 2018 Workforce Solutions annual report. The video strategically showcased how the organization advances business-driven talent development strategies that promote economic growth, opportunity and a quality workforce across a 14-county region.
- Gold Winner – Special Event – Tarrant Regional Transportation Coalition (TRTC). Cooksey facilitated sponsorships, logistics, program development, marketing and media outreach for the all-important annual meeting of the Tarrant Regional Transportation Coalition, a prominent regional advocacy group. More than 500 people attended the special event, which featured a conversation with U.S. Senate Majority Whip and Texas’ Senior U.S. Senator John Cornyn, moderated by Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price.
- Gold Winner – Logo Design – MindSpark. Cooksey’s team named and designed the brand identity for the MindSpark Montessori Experience. The goal was to convey MindSpark’s value proposition and key differentiators, establish familiarity with the brand among target audiences and boost the new school’s ability to recruit teachers and students.
The Hermes Creative Awards, administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, honor creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional and emerging media. Judges are industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.
There were about 6,000 entries from throughout the United States and many other countries in the 2019 Hermes Creative Awards competition. In the past, about 15 percent of entries won Platinum, the top award, and around 20 percent the Gold Award. Approximately 10 percent were Honorable Mention winners.