DALLAS – April 16, 2020 – Cooksey Communications recently received four Platinum and two Gold honors in the 2020 Hermes Creative Awards, a prestigious international creative competition.
The six awards highlight Cooksey’s diverse and successful experience in strategic communications, market assessment, media relations, creative design and more:
- Platinum Winner – Annual Report – Dallas Tourism Public Improvement District. Cooksey was selected to design the Dallas Tourism Public Improvement District’s 2019 annual report, “Inviting the World – Investing In Dallas.” The 28-page report presented exciting results from the fiscal year, as well as the overall context of what the partnership has done so far for the City of Dallas.
- Platinum Winner – Communication/Marketing Plan – Southside Bank. Cooksey performed a comprehensive audit of the bank’s marketing and communications program in North Texas, benchmarked its efforts and resources against those of peer banks, and conducted interviews and focus groups. Based on this research, Cooksey developed strategic recommendations to enhance regional awareness of the bank’s brand and services in North Texas through best-in-class communications techniques.
- Platinum Winner – Magazine Placement – Frisco Station Partners/Hillwood. Cooksey worked to secure and facilitate a 14-page spread in the Winter 2020 issue of Dallas-Fort Worth Real Estate Review, “Future Proof – Frisco Station Puts its Focus on Wellness, Connectivity and Mobility.” The extensive piece featured Frisco Station as a high-tech testing ground for air taxis and a hub of transportation, while also showcasing the AllianceTexas Mobility Innovation Zone, which is about to “spring to life testing autonomous trucks, drones, and other technologies stretching the limits of logistics and transportation.”
- Platinum Winner – Integrated Marketing Materials – City of Coppell. Cooksey designed eye-catching collateral materials, including a logo, brochure, flyer, poster, postcard and PowerPoint template, to promote the city’s workforce transit campaign, “Work Hard … Get a Lyft.”
- Gold Winner – Media Response – Jackson-Shaw. Jackson-Shaw purchased 45 acres in Houston to build its Nexus Park NorthWest industrial business park. Cooksey was honored for the vast media coverage it secured for the development in numerous regional publications and real estate trades, including the Houston Chronicle, Houston Business Journal, Texas Real Estate Business and Globe Street.
- Gold Winner – Newspaper Placement – Skanska. Cooksey was recognized for securing the media placement “Young Women Get Exclusive Collin College Tour” in the Wylie News. The story was based on Cooksey’s invitation to local reporters to join young women from Wylie Independent School District who are interested in architecture, engineering and construction to participate on a hard hat tour of the new Collin College Wylie campus.
The Hermes Creative Awards, administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, honor creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional and emerging media. Judges are industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.
There were about 6,000 entries from throughout the United States and many other countries in the 2020 Hermes Creative Awards competition. In the past, about 15 percent of entries won Platinum, the top award, and around 20 percent the Gold Award. Approximately 10 percent were Honorable Mention winners.
ABOUT COOKSEY COMMUNICATIONS
Founded in 1994, Cooksey Communications is a Texas-based, strategic communications firm that specializes in issues-related communications for government/economic development, transportation, water, energy and education clients, and strategic communications for professional services, real estate/development, retail/hospitality/consumer and nonprofit clients. Cooksey repeatedly has been named one of the top public relations agencies in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex by the Dallas Business Journal. For more information, visit www.CookseyPR.com.