DALLAS – May 10, 2021 – Cooksey Communications recently received three Platinum and three Gold honors in the 2021 Hermes Creative Awards, a prestigious international creative competition. There were about 6,000 entries from across the globe in the 2021 competition, with about 15% of entries winning Platinum, the top award, and around 20% the Gold Award. Approximately 10% were Honorable Mention winners.
The six awards highlight Cooksey’s diverse and successful experience in strategic communications, market assessment, media relations, creative design and more:
- Brochure (Print Media/Publications) – Capview Partners: Cooksey designed and produced a “Capview Residential Income-Fund VII, LP” brochure for Capview Partners. The 12-page brochure featured captivating graphics, photography and copy to help promote the company’s new financial product launch.
- Magazine Ad (Print Media/Advertising) – City of Anna: Cooksey designed Anna Economic Development Corporation’s magazine ad, “Big Dreams are Built Here.” It highlighted the city’s opportunity for growth and its projected upward trajectory. This ad was created after Cooksey performed an in-depth communications audit, redesigned the Corporation’s logo and implemented a new tagline, “Groundbreaking Possibilities,” late last year.
- Communication/Marketing Plan (Public Relations/Communications/Strategic Programs) – Irving Economic Development Partnership: Cooksey performed a comprehensive audit of Irving Economic Development Partnership’s marketing and communications program, benchmarked its efforts and resources against those of peer cities, and conducted a work session among stakeholders.
Based on this research, Cooksey developed strategic recommendations that focus on reaching the Partnership’s key target industries and enhancing its regional brand awareness.
- Video (Electronic Media/Social Media/Interactive Media) – City of Mesquite: Cooksey created a video, “Be the Change You Want in this World,” for the City of Mesquite. This police recruitment video incorporated photography from Mesquite’s police force and community, and was used for the City’s public safety campaign and social media.
- Online Placement (Public Relations/Communications/Media Relations) – Credit Union of Texas: Cooksey secured a story and facilitated an interview with The Dallas Morning News for Credit Union of Texas’ (CUTX) new, student-run SMART Branch at Allen High School in Allen, Texas. The story, “A Student-Run Bank Has Opened Inside Allen High School,” published in February and featured two student bank tellers and a conversation with CUTX Chief Community Engagement Officer Jennifer Olvera.
- Online Placement (Public Relations/Communications/Media Relations) – The Real Estate Council (TREC): Cooksey facilitated an interview between TREC’s Senior Director of Community Investment, Felicia Pierson, and the Dallas Free Press. The article, “‘Transformational’ news on South Dallas’ historic Forest Theater coming in February,” discussed TREC’s collaboration on the revitalization of the Forest District, one of Dallas’ most historically underserved neighborhoods.
The Hermes Creative Awards, administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, honor creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional and emerging media. Judges are industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.
ABOUT COOKSEY COMMUNICATIONS
Founded in 1994, Cooksey Communications is a Texas-based, strategic communications firm that specializes in issues-related communications for government/economic development, transportation, water, energy and education clients, and strategic communications for professional services, real estate/development, retail/hospitality/consumer and nonprofit clients. Cooksey repeatedly has been named one of the top public relations agencies in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex by the Dallas Business Journal. For more information, visit www.CookseyPR.com.