DALLAS – May 13, 2022 –
Cooksey Communications recently received five Platinum and three Gold honors in the 2022 Hermes Creative Awards, a distinguished international competition. These eight awards underscore Cooksey’s vast knowledge of strategic communications, media relations and both digital and print media.
- Website (Electronic Media/Social Media/Interactive Media) – Forward Fort Worth: Cooksey created a comprehensive website for the inaugural mobility innovation event, Forward Fort Worth, allowing site visitors to access critical information like a detailed event schedule, speaker bios and user-friendly registration.
- Newspaper Placement (Strategic Campaigns/Media Relations) – Hillwood: Cooksey secured a prominent feature story, “Perot’s Hillwood designs the Circle T Ranch to round up relocating companies,” in The Dallas Morning News. Serving as the centerpiece of the Business section’s print version, the article showcases the development plan for Hillwood’s 2,500-acre Circle T Ranch in Westlake.
- Video (Electronic Media/Social Media/Interactive Media) – Irving Economic Development Partnership (EDP): The Irving EDP engaged Cooksey to produce a dynamic marketing and promotional video to highlight the city’s attributes for prospective companies considering it as a home for headquarters or office locations. The “Stay Bold” video showcases Irving-Las Colinas’ business-friendly reputation as the “Headquarters of Headquarters,” its recreation opportunities, and vibrant lifestyle.
- Blog Writing (Electronic Media/Social Media/Interactive Media) – Jackson-Shaw: Cooksey helped develop a blog post titled “Succeeding in Business in the Long Term: Weathering Booms, Bubbles, and Busts” by Jackson-Shaw President and CEO Michele Wheeler for D CEO Magazine’s commercial real estate expert opinion site.
- Online Placement (Strategic Campaigns/Media Relations) – Richardson Economic Development Partnership (EDP): Cooksey secured placement of a prominent Dallas Business Journal article for the Richardson EDP, “Global Development Initiative helps create long-lasting, local partnerships with global-scale exposure.” The insightful byline written by Bill Sproull discusses a recently formed partnership between the Richardson EDP and The University of Texas at Dallas to support international business development efforts in Richardson.
- Pandemic Response (Strategic Campaigns/Public Relations/Communications) – Credit Union of Texas (CUTX): Cooksey executed an extensive communications plan in response to CUTX’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate, drafting a media release, developing strategic messaging and crisis responses, and securing robust local and trade media coverage.
- Publication Article (Print Media/Writing) – Harrison, Walker & Harper (HWH): Cooksey secured a feature for HWH in Construction Executive titled “Women in Construction Are Built for Success.” The story, published during the annual Women in Construction Week in March, features industry insights from two female HWH project engineers.
- Program Guide (Print Media/Publications) – Tarrant Transportation Summit: Cooksey designed a complete program guide for the Tarrant Transportation Summit (TTS), Tarrant County’s premier transportation event, spotlighting event speakers and providing wide-ranging industry knowledge.
There were about 6,500 entries from throughout the United States and 27 other countries in the Hermes Creative Awards 2022 competition. Only about 16 percent of entries earned Platinum, the top award, and around 22 percent won the Gold Award.
The Hermes Creative Awards, administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, honor creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional and emerging media. Judges are industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence.
About Cooksey Communications
Founded in 1994, Cooksey Communications is a Texas-based, strategic communications firm specializing in public stakeholder issues-related communications for government/economic development, transportation, water, energy and education clients, and strategic communications for professional services, real estate/development, retail/hospitality/consumer and nonprofit clients. Cooksey repeatedly has been named one of the top public relations agencies in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex by the Dallas Business Journal. For more information, visit www.CookseyPR.com.