DALLAS – July 18, 2022 –
North Texas-based strategic communications firm Cooksey Communications recently received two Platinum Awards and five Gold Awards in the 2022 dotCOMM Awards, an international competition that honors the best web and digital work in the industry.
These seven award wins highlight Cooksey’s diverse and robust experience in using digital public relations and content marketing tools. Cooksey’s Platinum and Gold-level recognitions in this awards competition were as follows:
- Blog Placement (Earned Media) – City of Wylie: Cooksey secured a bylined print article, “Wylie Public Art Creates Attachment to Community,” in Texas Town & City’s May 2022 edition on innovative city projects. The article, which appeared on the cover of the publication, was written by Craig Kelly, public information officer for the City of Wylie. It emphasizes the role that public art plays in creating a strong sense of community among residents.
- Government (Video) – Irving Economic Development Partnership (IEDP): Cooksey produced a dynamic promotional video titled “Stay Bold” to showcase Irving-Las Colinas’ business-friendly reputation as the “Headquarters of Headquarters,” its recreation opportunities and its vibrant lifestyle for prospective companies.
- Article or News Placement (Earned Media) – Frisco Station: Cooksey secured a prominent feature story, “Ice Cream, Pet Meds, and First Aid Kits are Coming by Wing Drone Delivery to Frisco and Little Elm,” in Dallas Innovates. The article discusses mixed-use development Frisco Station’s pivotal role in bringing the first public drone delivery service in a major U.S. metro area to Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Article or News Placement (Earned Media) – HistoryMaker Homes: Cooksey secured an article placement, “HistoryMaker bulks up in DFW, Houston; for-sale homes and rentals in the mix,” in the Dallas Business Journal’s residential real estate section. The article includes an interview with Nelson Mitchell, CEO of HistoryMaker Homes, and an inside look at the company’s growth plan for the DFW and Houston markets.
- Article or News Placement (Earned Media) – The Rainier Companies: Cooksey placed an article, “The Rainier Companies continues Best-in-Class Retail Acquisition Strategy,” in Real Estate Weekly that details the unparalleled growth of the company’s grocery-anchored retail portfolio.
- Blog Single Post (Content Marketing) – Harrison, Walker & Harper (HWH): Cooksey helped place a blog, “Why North Texas Doesn’t Need to Worry About an Industrial Space Shortage,” by Holland Harper, president of HWH, in D CEO’s commercial real estate opinion section. The blog draws on Harper’s extensive North Texas construction background to address the state of the North Texas industrial market in a COVID-19 world.
- Blog Single Post (Content Marketing) – VanTrust Real Estate: Cooksey organized the placement of a blog, “El Paso Industrial Market: The Birth of The ‘Borderplex,” in Texas Real Estate Business. The blog, written by Josh Meredith, director of development for VanTrust Real Estate, discusses the opportunity the El Paso/Juarez region poses to developers across the state.
The dotCOMM Awards is administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, an international organization that oversees awards and recognition programs and honors outstanding achievement and service to the profession.
There were more than about 2,500 entries from throughout the United States and many other countries in the 2022 dotCOMM Awards competition. Typically, about 13% of entries win Platinum, the top award, and around 13% win the Gold Award. Approximately 5% are Honorable Mention winners.
About Cooksey Communications
Founded in 1994, Cooksey Communications is a Texas-based, strategic communications firm specializing in public stakeholder issues-related communications for government/economic development, transportation, water, energy and education clients, and strategic communications for professional services, real estate/development, retail/hospitality/consumer and nonprofit clients. Cooksey repeatedly has been named one of the top public relations agencies in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex by the Dallas Business Journal. For more information, visit www.CookseyPR.com.