DALLAS – July 11, 2023 –
In recognition of its outstanding work in the industry, Cooksey Communications recently received two Platinum and three Gold honors as well as three Honorable Mentions in the 2023 Hermes Creative Awards, a distinguished international competition. These eight awards highlight Cooksey’s expertise in advertising, writing, media relations and video production.
- Video (Electronic Media/Social Media/Interactive Media) – Irving Economic Development Partnership (EDP): The Irving EDP engaged Cooksey to produce a dynamic marketing and promotional video to underscore the city’s appeal to residents looking for an opportunity to expand their lifestyle and companies hoping to grow their business. The “Life in Irving-Las Colinas” video displays Irving-Las Colinas’ convenient, central location and accessibility for businesses and walkability, recreation opportunities and sense of community for residents.
- Newspaper Placement (Strategic Campaigns/Media Relations) – The Real Estate Council (TREC): Cooksey helped place an article in The Dallas Morning News announcing Truist Bank’s $10 million investment into the Dallas Housing Opportunity Fund (DHOF). The piece also highlights TREC Community Investors’ work alongside LISC Fund Management, which manages the DHOF, to bring more than 150 affordable rental housing units to East Dallas.
- Publication Article (Print Media/Writing) – Polsinelli: Cooksey helped develop a blog post titled, “Five Tips Female Attorneys Need to Hear Today (And Every Day) to Thrive in Sports Law” by Polsinelli Sports and Entertainment Vice Chair Leane K. Capps for The Texas Lawbook.
- Magazine Placement (Strategic Campaigns/Media Relations) – Harrison, Walker and Harper (HWH): Cooksey helped craft and secure a bylined article, “How Updated Technology and Safety Facilities Provide Protection to Communities and Firefighters,” in the building envelope column of Building Enclosure. The insightful article highlights the evolution of facilities like Dallas Fire Station #59 and how these facilities protect firefighters and entire communities.
- Online Placement (Strategic Campaigns/Media Relations) – ELM Companies: Cooksey placed a prominent article in The Dallas Morning News’ real estate column detailing ELM’s plans to upsize its Texas operation with a new division headquarters and plant in The Colony.
- Publication Article (Print Media/Writing) – Tarrant Transportation Summit: Following the conclusion of the annual Tarrant Transportation Summit in February, Cooksey coordinated the placement of an article in the Fort Worth Business Press that positioned Tarrant County as a leader in mobility innovation.
- Online Placement (Strategic Campaigns/Media Relations) – Credit Union of Texas (CUTX): Cooksey facilitated an interview between Credit Union Today senior writer Ray Birch and Credit Union of Texas Senior Vice President and Chief Operations Officer Angela Faust for an article detailing CUTX’s new employee training program, Pathways.
- Newspaper Advertisement (Print Media/Advertising) – Anna Economic Development Corporation (Anna EDC): Cooksey created a print advertisement that appeared in some of the area’s most notable business publications, including the Dallas Business Journal and D CEO Magazine. The “Anna says ‘YES” advertisement underlines the city of Anna’s rapidly increasing population and prime location to position the community as a worthwhile site for business investment.
Only about 16% of Hermes Creative Awards entries in the past won Platinum, the top award, and only around 22% won the Gold Award. Approximately 9% earned Honorable Mention status.
The Hermes Creative Awards, administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, honor creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional and emerging media. Judges are industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence.
About Cooksey Communications
Founded in 1994, Cooksey Communications is a Texas-based strategic communications firm specializing in three core focus areas: (1) Professional Services clients such as law firms, financial services firms, A/E/C (architecture/engineering/construction) firms, and other B2B and B2G service providers; (2) Public Sector clients including governmental entities and educational institutions, as well as planning and advocacy groups dealing with critical infrastructure issues such as transportation, water supply, flooding and energy; and (3) Real Estate & Development clients such as commercial and residential real estate firms and economic development agencies. Cooksey repeatedly has been named one of the top PR firms in North Texas by the Dallas Business Journal, and its team members are trusted counselors to senior executives in the industry sectors listed above. For more information, visit www.CookseyPR.com.