DALLAS – Oct. 24, 2023 –
North Texas-based strategic communications firm Cooksey Communications recently received three top-level Platinum Awards and four Gold Awards in the 2023 MarCom Awards, an international creative competition that recognizes outstanding achievement by marketing and communication professionals.
These seven awards add to Cooksey’s rich history of award-winning work, including 18 award wins this year in other international creative and digital marketing competitions such as the AVA Digital Awards, the Hermes Creative Awards and the dotCOMM Awards. Additionally, the awards highlight the agency’s high standard of excellence related to the quality, creativity and resourcefulness of its work.
- Annual Report (Corporate Social Responsibility) – Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport: Cooksey created a robust report detailing the airport’s performance and impact on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues for the 2021 fiscal year (Oct. 1, 2020 through Sept. 30, 2021).
- Blog (Industry-Focused Single Post) – Irving Economic Development Partnership: Cooksey developed a blog post for Beth Bowman, president of the Irving Economic Development Partnership, for Business Facilities, a leading site selection media publication tailored to C-level executives and economic development corporations. The blog highlights the questions and thoughts business executives should consider when looking for a new corporate headquarters location.
- Media Relations/Publicity (Online Placement) – The Rainier Companies: Cooksey coordinated the placement of an article in CoStar, a leading commercial real estate publication, announcing Rainier’s new development arm and its focus on mixed-use properties with a retail edge throughout Texas and high-growth U.S. cities.
- Ads (Trade Show Exhibit) – Anna Economic Development Corporation: Cooksey created banners and a trade show booth to highlight the City of Anna’s rapidly increasing population as well as its ideal location and pro-business culture. Both pieces position the community as one full of opportunity for businesses, developers and families alike.
- Media Relations/Publicity (Newspaper Placement) – American National Bank of Texas: Cooksey secured a front-page feature in the Dallas Business Journal for longtime American National Bank of Texas President and CEO Robert Hulsey. The article covers the bank’s rich North Texas history and its plans for future growth.
- Media Relations/Publicity (Online Placement) – HistoryMaker Homes/ONM Living: Cooksey arranged a Q&A between Builder Magazine, a go-to news source for home builders, and the HistoryMaker Homes’ new president Zac Thompson. The resulting article features a the company’s extensive 75-year history, observations on the build-to-rent market and sister company ONM Living’s new SmartStart program.
- Media Relations/Publicity (Other) – Harrison, Walker & Harper (HWH): Cooksey crafted a blog post for HWH CEO Jordan Harper to appear in the regional business publication, D CEO. The blog showcases the much-needed flexibility and resiliency that microgrids can provide to homebuilders, developers and industrial consumers amid increasing power demands.
The MarCom Awards is administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals. This international organization consists of thousands of creative professionals who help oversee awards and recognition programs, provide judges and set standards for excellence in the industry.
This year, about 17% of MarCom entries won Platinum, the top award, and around 20% won the Gold Award. Approximately 12% were Honorable Mention winners.
About Cooksey Communications
Founded in 1994, Cooksey Communications is a Texas-based, strategic communications firm specializing in four core focus areas: (1) Professional Services clients such as law firms, financial services firms, A/E/C (architecture/engineering/construction) firms, and other B2B and B2G service providers; (2) Public Sector clients including governmental entities and educational institutions, as well as planning and advocacy groups dealing with critical infrastructure issues such as transportation, water supply, flooding and energy; (3) Real Estate & Development clients such as commercial and residential real estate firms and economic development agencies; and (4) Sustainability initiatives for any company or entity interested in enhancing competitiveness and resilience in a rapidly changing world. Cooksey has repeatedly been named one of the top North Texas PR firms by the Dallas Business Journal, and its team members are trusted counselors to senior executives in the sectors and areas listed above. For more information, visit www.CookseyPR.com.