Work hard & have fun.
We’re proud of our culture at Cooksey Communications. Our team enjoys working hard and working together. We give our all to each project and every client. We believe you should enjoy the people you work with, and that creativity and ideas thrive when you surround yourself with inspiring people.
So, when we’re not brainstorming a new media campaign or designing an eye-catching website, you can find us out and about enjoying a sporting event or trying the latest restaurant.
Professional & Civic Involvements
Commitment to our profession and communities runs deep. Through our professional and personal involvement and pro bono support, we raise awareness of issues that affect our work and our lives, and contribute to improving the world around us.
Awards & Recognition
When you create work with positive, meaningful and long-term impact, the industry notices. Browse the list to see where we’ve been honored.
Think you have what it takes?
We look for talented people who bring new ideas and interesting perspectives to our client work.
We provide a wide range of services for our clients, so whether you’re a veteran PR pro, or a rocket scientist with a knack for communications, we want to hear from you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our career opportunities.
Immediate opening for Account Supervisor
A leading Dallas/Fort Worth-based, mid-sized public relations firm seeks an exceptional Account Supervisor with demonstrated client account lead experience, including experience with the planning and execution of strategic communications programs, executive ghostwriting, crisis communications, media relations, branding and marketing initiatives, and outstanding problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate desires a fast-paced agency environment and the opportunity to work with high-caliber public and private sector clients with complex communications issues. He or she is a “go-getter” who is professional, confident, outgoing and self-motivated, delivering bold strategic thought and polished work product.
OVERVIEW OF JOB FUNCTION
Act as account lead/co-lead for several key clients or projects; develop and execute strategies targeted at enhancing the effectiveness of clients’ strategic communications programs, in order to enhance clients’ brand visibility and help them achieve public relations and marketing goals
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in public relations and experience working with high-profile businesses and organizations. Additionally, he/she:
- Will possess strong communication, media relations (traditional and digital) and writing skills
- Will have the ability to handle multiple clients and be a self-starter with the capability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Will excel at both big-picture strategic thinking and the mastery of details
- Will not be afraid to pick up the phone to pitch media, interface with government officials and civic group leaders, and other high-profile business or community figures
- Will have strong knowledge of and connections with the DFW media, key community organizations, business community and/or local governmental entities
- Will enjoy being part of a close-knit team that works hard, while having a lot of fun together
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field, with GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in public relations firm or as a public relations executive on behalf of a company or organization
DETAILED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day client activities in collaboration with the rest of the client team, running key client accounts/projects and supervising the work of account team members
- Lead client calls and meetings to brainstorm ideas and/or report on ongoing activity
- Consult with clients on evolving strategic communications issues and needs, including crises, marketing opportunities, etc.
- Develop full range of materials including strategic communications plans, press releases, bylined articles, executive/elected official remarks, award nominations, advertising/marketing material content, client correspondence and reports
- Consistently secure high-value media coverage with business and industry outlets, news weeklies, local and national newspapers, blogs, as well as television and radio
- Utilize good judgment in all work and activities
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and confidence without arrogance
Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and representative writing samples to email@example.com to learn more about our career opportunities.